Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

What a difference a year can make.  Last year, I was dreading mother's day and this year I was looking forward to it.  We went for Allison's first camping trip on mothers day.  I was afraid I was going to forget something for Allison and we were going to be in the middle of no where and not able to get it.  So I contacted my friend Tonya who's little boy is 5 and asked what the most important things were that she took for Nicholas.  She was nice enough to send me the master list she uses to pack her camper for every camping trip.  What a brilliant idea!  why had I not thought of this before.  So I updated her master list to have the items we would need on it and created a separate spreadsheet tab for Allison.  Yes she had her own page and I probably over packed, but I only forgot one thing (a bottle brush) and it was no big deal.  It was a HUGE help.  Allison loves being outside so that part went great.  The sleeping however did not.  I know she was scared to go to sleep in a new place and then waking up in a new place had to be very scary too.  That first night I was ready to go home and cancel all our other trips.  But we got thru it and I know she will improve with every trip.  Here are some pictures from the weekend of camping.

Grandma Gail and Allison

Allison and her favorite toy


I LOVE my car!

Allison in her jumper

How cute is she!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment