Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Attitude

Any one else ready for Spring? I know I am. The winter blues have taken a major hold on me lately. And I think I am starting to rub off on others too. Sorry if you have been one of them. My best friend recommended that I read a book called "Choosing to See" by Mary Beth Chapman, Steven Curtis Chapman's wife. I am so excited to get it. I ordered it last week and it was supposed to be here yesterday, but I have not received it as of yet. I need a new outlook and this book is about (from the reviews I read) making sure we are choosing to see the good God is doing thru the good and bad times. It is so easy to focus on the good when everything is going good, but when things take a turn for the worse, I tend to get sucked into the negative thinking frame of mind. I hope this book is encouraging and can help me get a new outlook on Mike and I's current situation.

Also, I just saw this quote on a friends facebook page and just loved it. So I wanted to share it with everyone. "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going - Beverly Sills." Talk about a jerk back to reality. I try and take the shortcut in everything. I want the fastest possible route to my end destination. I know that is especially true of our adoption journey. We have been trying to have a baby for 6 years and I think that's long enough. So I think that the journey has been long enough so we should have our baby already. I mean, I already know I am going to be a great parent right? Well this comment reminds me that the journey is really as important as the destination. Mike and I have learned so much about each other and about life in general that although I want a baby more than anything, I wouldn't trade the experiences with my husband for anything.

Thank you all again so much for the support and prayers as we continue down this path. We truly appreciate you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment