Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ready, Set, Wait!

Mike and I had our 6 month follow up visit last week. It was a little late due to the weather. This winter has caused a lot of delays on things. Jessica, our new licensing worker, came by and asked us her 100 questions or so. She was really great and is about our age. We felt really comfortable with her and know that she will be a great resource if we need her. As I sat and thought about all this, it's hard to believe that we have been in this process long enough to need our 6 month home visit recheck. Seems not long ago we were making the decision to stop infertility treatments. But wow, we made that decision last January. So we have been in the adoption mindset for over a year now. In March, we will have been working with Catholic Charities for a year. Seems so long, yet on the other hand seems so short. It seems like just a little while ago, we were filling out our mountain of paperwork. Pouring our hear and soul out to a total stranger who is the one who will decide if we will be a good "fit" to show to a potential birth mom. It was such a scary thought for a control freak like me. I have learned so much through this process. I am not in control and no matter how hard I wish or pray, I never will be. And boy am I glad for that. That is a lot of responsibility.



Mike and I decided we needed a little break and decided to head out to Punta Cana and get some R&R. What a relaxing time we got. We couldn't have asked for a nice place or weather than we got. God really knew what we needed and provided it. I was sitting on the beach just thanking God for allowing us to have the opportunity to go to such a beautiful place and also thanking him for creating it for all of us to enjoy. I know I don't take enough time to think about that.

So now we are back to reality and back to the waiting game. It's a weird feeling wondering if tomorrow will be the day you get the call the changes your life forever, to think that tonight might be the last night we spend as a family of 2. My heart skips a beat every time I get a call on my cell phone from a different number that I don't know. Please pray that Mike and I will continue to trust God and the workers he has placed us with to find the family He has created for us. Thank God that he does not give up on me even though I am so hard at "getting" the lesson he is trying to teach. As the song says "He's still workin on me, to make me what I ought to be. It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the earth and Jupiter, and Mars. How loving and patient he must be, cause he's still workin on me."

No comments:

Post a Comment