Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Diaper Rash GO AWAY!!!

We noticed that Alli had little red bumps in her diaper area and had been treating it with the diaper rash cream our doctor recommend.  But after 7 days, it still wasn't any better.  I called the doctor to talk to the nurse.  I had been reading about a yeast infection diaper rash and was afraid that's what she had.  That's what the doctor thought too so she prescribed a cream and we started putting it on.  By Friday her diaper rash was SO bad.  I called the doctor and they told me a few other things to do which included two different creams, rinsing all the chemicals off the wipes we are using, and trying to keep her out of her diaper for as long as possible.  Really, that want me to keep my almost 9 month old daughter out of a diaper.  I didn't see this going well, but if it made her feel better, I was all for it.  So Saturday, Mike cut a garbage bad and laid it out on the floor, we put a blanket down over it, and then put a changing pod underneath. 

She played and was doing fine.  About 5 or so mintues in, I check her to make sure she hadn't potty yet when I notice her shirt was wet and big wet spot on the changing pad.  Mike was right there and started freaking out.  Not only had she peed, but she pooped too.  Now our daughter is not a quite pooper but of course this one time she would be.  Mike runs to the kitchen to get a paper towel.  I pick her up and he holds the paper towel underneather her tush so the poop doesn't fall to the floor when Alli decides she needs to poop again.  YIKES!!!!!  Mike doesn't handle dirty diapers well.  I was laughing so hard.  All I had going thru my head was the scene from Full House where Michelle had a dirty diaper and Uncle Jesse and Joey were home with her.  They ended up putting her in the kitchen sink and washing her with the hand held wand and wrapping her paper towels instead of a diaper.  She wasn't really all that messy and I cleaned her up.  But what a funny few mintues.  By Monday she was looking better, but today she is really red again.  But I am thinking we are getting teeth and that's not helping anything.

We had a photo session on Saturday with my Bosses daughter Beth Oswald who is studying photography at Hannibal LaGrange University.  Alli did pretty well.  I had three outfits for her and we only got to two, but that's okay.  We will save the other one for a little later.  Beth thinks she should have the pictures soon and I can't wait to see them.  Next up are her 1 year pictures.  Holy cow, where has the time gone.  I love her more and more each day and Mike and I are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment